Most of Lofoten is flat and easy to travel through, and you´re offered great overview of the landscape. If you choose to ride the bike on the north and west facing trails, you’ll be biking in the midnight sun, which shines from May to the midst of July. To avoid heavy traffic, it´s highly recommended to bike during the evening and under the midnight sun.
The 68 kilometers long trail between Fiskebøl and Svolvær is a good option if you want to travel alone. From Fiskebøl, the tour goes along the outer side of Austvågøya, which has beautiful surroundings. The nice, sandy beaches and excellent hiking terrain is guaranteed to make you want to spend a lot of time on this trail.
During summer you can enjoy the midnight sun in Laukvika, and the landscape varies between marshland to lakes and fjords. The last part of the trip is cycled along E10.
Remember to book a bike for your cycling holiday in Lofoten, if you are travelling to Leknes or Svolvær.
More fantastic places to go bicycling in Norway:
- Sandane: You’re not a slave to time in Gloppen
- Florø: Get up close to nature
- Trondheim: Norway’s answer to Tuscany
- Alta: A carefree life on the Finnmark plateau
- Hammerfest: Biking on top of the world
- Brønnøysund: Island-hopping on two wheel along the coast of Helgeland
- Tromsø: A true biker’s paradise in the north
- Vesterålen: Cycling close to coastal culture
- Bodø: The most beautiful route in the world
- Namsos/Rørvik: Bike along the coastal road and have your mind blown away
Photo on top of article: Espen Mortensen / esmofoto.no / www.nordnorge.com