Flying to either Namsos or Rørvik gives you the opportunity to experience the coastal route along the Nordland coastline from your bike. Kystriksveien starts in Namsos, Trøndelag, and wriggles its way through stunning landscape through the coast of Namdal and Helgeland, before it reaches its end in Bodø, 650 kilometers later.
Along the way you’ll come across several sights such as Leka, Torghatten, The Norwegian Aviation museum, The mountain Seven Sisters, Svartisen, Saltstraumen. The attractions are easily accessible, and are located consecutively along the wat.
Here you find a great suggestion for a 13 day long bike trip between Namsos, Rørvik and Bodø. This suggestion take you through the entire route of Kystriksveien, including island hopping, but you’re of course free to arrange shorter trips along Kystriksveien, starting in Namsos or Rørvik.
Have your luggage sent by car
Fearing heavy pedaling? Kystriksveien Reiseliv offers luggage transport all along Kystriksveien to make your trip more comfortable. All you have to worry about is getting on your bike, and your luggage will be transported from place to place for you. The offer applies all the way from Stjørdal (Trondheim Airport Værnes) to Bodø including the Islands. Luggage transport must be booked well in advance, and can be done through Kystriksveien booking.
In combination with an Explore Norway Ticket from Widerøe, you can literally bike through all the most amazing places in Norway during the summer!
Keep in mind that the backpack might become heavy during the trip. Think about weight, and avoid bringing things you don’t really need. If you´re looking for more tips on how to pack your backpack, and recommendations about clothing, check out this complete packing list for bike trips.
More fantastic places to go bicycling in Norway:
- Sandane: You’re not a slave to time in Gloppen
- Florø: Get up close to nature
- Trondheim: Norway’s answer to Tuscany
- Alta: A carefree life on the Finnmark plateau
- Hammerfest: Biking on top of the world
- Brønnøysund: Island-hopping on two wheel along the coast of Helgeland
- Tromsø: A true biker’s paradise in the north
- Lofoten: A once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Vesterålen: Cycling close to coastal culture
- Bodø: The most beautiful route in the world
- Namsos/Rørvik: Bike along the coastal road and have your mind blown away
Photo on top of article: Halvor Hilmersen / Helgeland Reiseliv