Terms & Conditions
These conditions of sale apply to the sale of airline tickets to consumers at www.wideroe.no The conditions of sale, along with your reservation confirmed through a confirmation of purchase, constitutes the contract basis for your purchase.
Read our Conditions of sale
These Conditions of Carriage govern the relationship between you as a Passenger and us as the Carrier regarding your Carriage on an aircraft operated by us or pursuant to a Ticket on which our Airline Designator Code appears for that flight or flight segment. Read the full Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage.
Last update: 11 March 2019
Rights when travelling under one contract
If you book a trip, for example Mosjøen to Stavanger with change of aircraft in Oslo, Widerøe Flyveselskap ASA is responsible for ensuring that you get all the way (traveling under one contract). That means you have certain rights if there are delays that causes you to miss your next flight. Widerøe will book you on to the next possible flight where space is available. If the wait is long, Widerøe will, when needed, also provide meals and accommodation. This applies even if Widerøe could not avoid the delay, for example, when we can not operate due to bad weather.
Rights when travelling under separate contracts
If you are travelling from Mosjøen to Stavanger, but choose to book the flights separately: Mosjøen - Trondheim - Oslo and Oslo - Stavanger, the journey as a whole might be cheaper, but you do not have the same rights in case of problems (travelling under three separate contracts).
You are not entitled to be booked onto a new flight if the airline could not avoid the delay. You do not have the same rights to receive meals or hotel accommodation if you miss your next flight. It is therefore very important that you calculate enough time between arrival and departure, and take into account that you have to wait for baggage and perhaps go through check-in and security again.
If you purchase a separate flight with Widerøe or SAS and are continuing your journey with another airline, you have to calculate a minimum of three hours between arrival in accordance to the timetable and your next flight in Norway.
Minimum three hours on Norwegian airports must be observed for Widerøe to consider any liability if you lose your next flight. Any liability is applicable only in cases where SAS Norway could have avoided the delay according to Norwegian Aviation Laws and Convention.
Please note, that delays and cancellations usually are caused by events that Widerøe could not avoid, and you will usually not have the same rights as passengers with one contract. Since the airlines' liability in such cases is limited in relation to the financial loss you possibly face, many find it useful to buy travel insurance which covers catching up to your itinerary.
Cancellation protection must be purchased at the same time as the tickets and the extra charge will be debited your provided credit card.
- Cancellation must be done prior to departure. Use the cancellation link in on my trips or in your e-mail. We are also available by e-mail 24h. Please make sure that you get your cancellation confirmed by us.
- Policy fulfillment can only be claimed by residents within EU/EØS in the event of acute illness or death of the policy holder or closest family (spouse/registered partner, children of spouse or partner, brothers and sisters, parents or grandparents, grandchildren, father/mother-in-law, brothers/sisters-in-law, sons/daughters-in-law) or travel companion within the same reservation where both travelers are holding a cancelling protection.
- Pregnancy or birth is not covered by the cancellation protection
- Medical certificate or certificate of death must be provided in English or Norwegian in addition to a valid account number for policy credit. Medical certificate must be dated before departure or latest 3 days after the trip should have started, and it must be confirmed that the travel can not be done.
- No refund for partly used tickets
- Policy claim must be forwarded by email to email@example.com at the latest one week after cancellation. Travel documents in addition to medical certificate or certificate of death must be enclosed.
Free change (of economy tickets) is an optional fee allowing you to one free change of a trip.
- The fee is per passenger
- The condition for the change is that same class/fare is available as in the original booking
- If same class/fare is not available an upgrade is against additional fare is possible
- Only one change is allowed
- Change of roundtrip fares are allowed if both ways are in the same original reservation
Widerøe will not be responsible for the proper performance of those additional travel services. In case of problems, please contact the relevant service provider.
However, if you book additional travel services via these links not later than 24 hours after receiving the confirmation of the booking from Widerøe, those travel services will become part of a linked travel arrangement. In that case Widerøe has, as required by EU law, protection in place to refund your payments to Widerøe for services not performed because of Widerøe’s insolvency, and, where necessary, for your repatriation. Please note that this does not provide a refund in the event of the insolvency of the relevant service provider._
Widerøe has taken out insolvency protection with Reisegarantifondet.
Passengers may contact the competent authority if the services are denied because of Widerøe's insolvency:
Boks 227 Sentrum
Telefon: 51 85 99 40
NOTE: This insolvency protection does not cover contracts with parties other than Widerøe, which can be performed despite Widerøe's insolvency.